UEFA Champions League Oldest Goalscorers Of All-Time
Portugal defender Pepe became the oldest goalscorer in Champions League history after scoring a late header to help Porto defeat Royal Antwerp in Group H.
The goal against Royal Antwerp makes Pepe the first player over 40 to score in the UEFA Champions League. He scored the goal in the 91st minute of the match which ended in a 2-0 victory in favour of Porto.
Pepe set the record at age 40 and 254 days which means he is the oldest player to ever score in the Champions League.
Aside from being the oldest goalscorer in the Champions League, Pepe is currently the oldest outfield player in the history of the competition.
Former Lazio goalkeeper, Marco Ballotta is currently the oldest player overall, to play in a Champions League game. He achieved this feat against Real Madrid in December 2007 when he was forty-three years and twenty-five days old.
Before Pepe broke the oldest goalscorer record, Francesco Totti had been the oldest goalscorer in the Champions League. He set the record at 38 years and 59 days old.
Below are the top 8 oldest goalscorers in the UEFA Champions League history:
1. Pepe (FC Porto) v Royal Antwerp, 7 November 2023 – 40 years and 254 days
2. Francesco Totti (Roma) v CSKA Moskva, 25 November 2014 – 38 years 59 days
3. Ryan Giggs (Manchester United) v Benfica, 14 September 2011 – 37 years 290 days
4. Filippo Inzaghi (AC Milan) v Real Madrid, 3 November 2010 – 37 years 87 days
5. Javier Zanetti (Inter) v Tottenham Hotspur, 20 November 2010 – 37 years 72 days
6. Luka Modric (Real Madrid) v Celtic, 2 November 2022 – 37 years 54 days
7. Edin Dzeko (Inter) v AC Milan, 10 May 2023 – 37 years 54 days
Story continues below advertisement
8. Olivier Giroud (AC Milan) v Paris St-Germain, 07 November 2023 – 37 years 38 days
© 2023 Naija News, a division of Polance Media Inc.
Full Story: https://www.naijanews.com/2023/11/08/uefa-champions-league-oldest-goalscorers-of-all-time/
TAGS: #UEFA #Champions #League #Oldest #Goalscorers #AllTime