Two Rescued As Fire Guts Lagos Shanty Building
Two male adults were rescued from a fire outbreak in the early hours on Tuesday, at Victory Bay, Ikota Housing Estate, Ajah, Lagos.
In a statement made available to the public on Tuesday, the Director of Lagos State Fire and Rescue Service, Margaret Adeseye, said the incident occurred at about 3:30 a.m. and an emergency alert was received at 04:10 a.m.
Adeseye added that the incident involved a shanty-story building consisting of four rooms on each floor within the precinct of the estate.
She disclosed that the victims were rescued alive with varying degrees of burns with the support of community members.
According to the director, the situation had been put under control as the fire had been put out at press time, 9 a.m.
READ MORE: Fire Guts Church In Kwara After Suspected Power Surge
She, however, stated that the victims were subsequently, attended to by the Lagos State Ambulance Service before being taken to the hospital for further treatment.
She said: “Emergency alert was received at 04:10 hours, Tuesday. The incident involved a shanty-storey building consisting of four rooms on each floor within the precinct of the estate.
“On arrival of the Lekki Phase II Fire crew of the Lagos State Fire and Rescue Service, the victims were rescued alive with varying degrees of burns with the support of community members.”
Full Story: https://www.informationng.com/2023/09/two-rescued-as-fire-guts-lagos-shanty-building.html
TAGS: #Rescued #Fire #Guts #Lagos #Shanty #Building