Top Nigerian Newspaper Headlines Today, Friday 23 December 2022
Top Nigerian Newspaper Headlines Today, Thursday 22 December 2022 can be accessed below.
Good morning! Here is the summary of the top Nigerian Newspaper Headlines today.
1. Deputy Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria in charge of Financial Stability, Aisha Ahmad on Thursday said the apex bank ordered the printing of 500 million pieces of the redesigned notes. She stated this while responding to questions from lawmakers at the House of Representatives on Thursday.
2. President Muhammadu Buhari has restated his administration’s commitment to improving the welfare of police and military personnel. Buhari spoke on Thursday in Abuja as he received the 2021 audited report and 2023 budget proposal of the Police Service Commission (PSC).
3. Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State yesterday said he would make his preferred presidential candidate known in January 2023. Wike who stated this during the commissioning of the Rumukurishi flyover in Port Harcourt on Thursday, said he would move from State to State to campaign for his candidate in January.
4. Men of the Ogun State Police Command have arrested a 26-year-old man, Adeyemi Babatunde, for allegedly killing a 46-year-old driver, Obafunsho Ismail, over a minor argument. The incident occurred on December 8, 2022, around 8pm when the suspect, who drove a Lexus SUV with a customised number plate, Olu of Oya, hit the deceased’s car from the rear and caused damage to the vehicle.
5. Police Affairs Minister, Dr. Muhammad Maigari Dingyadi, has assured that next year’s elections would hold as scheduled, just as he disclosed that N4.5 million has been spent to fuel police vehicles across the Police Commands in the country. He stated this at the 15th edition of the PMB scorecard series in Abuja, yesterday, saying the 2023 general election would not be scuttled by pockets of criminality across the country.
6. The Defence Media Operations (DMO) said soldiers fighting the counter insurgency war in the North East have killed 103 members of the Boko Haram and Islamic State of West Africa State Province (ISWAP) terrorists in the last three weeks. The soldiers also arrested 40 terrorists, including four commanders and rescued 30 kidnapped victims.
7. Tragedy struck, yesterday, at the Cele bus stop on the Apapa-Oshodi expressway, after two containers fell off a truck and landed on three vehicles. One of the drivers in a commercial bus with plate number AKD 489 XZ, who was trapped inside, was killed in the process.
8. The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, yesterday, came under scathing criticism for promising to reopen the nation’s borders if elected. Information, Culture and Tourism Minister Lai Mohammed, who faulted the plans, said the border closure policy, if reversed, would be count-productive.
9. The chairman of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), Brig-Gen. Buba Marwa yesterday advised drug barons to halt their nefarious activities, warning that nobody is above the law. He disclosed that no fewer than 3,434 offenders have been prosecuted by the agency, while 126 were undergoing counselling in 11 centres attached to psychiatric hospitals.
10. No fewer than 11 were feared killed following high electric power supply in some areas of Zazzau in Zaria, Kaduna State. Areas affected include Gwargwaje and Kauran Juli situated along Zaria-Kaduna Expressway.
Curated from: https://citynewsng.com/2022/12/23/naija-news-top-nigerian-newspaper-headlines-today-friday-23-december-2022/
TAGS: #Top #Nigerian #Newspaper #Headlines #Today #Friday #December