Top Newspaper Headlines Today, Sunday, 18th December 2022
Top Newspaper Headlines Today, Sunday, 18th December 2022 can be accessed below.
CityNews has compiled top Naija News headlines from Nigerian newspapers today, this means the latest Naija news, top newspaper headlines, and happenings in Nigeria can be accessed on this page.
Below are the Newspaper Headlines & Naija News today from Nigerian Newspapers. Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. Ahead of the 2023 general elections, President Muhammadu Buhari has said the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, has been given all the resources it asked for to conduct a free, fair and transparent election. Buhari stated this while responding to a question on the readiness of INEC to conduct the 2023 elections, during an interactive session by the United State Institute of Peace (USIP).
2. The Catholic Bishop of Enugu Diocese, His Lordship, Callistus Onaga on Saturday banned priests from conducting crusades in their parishes. Bishop Onaga announced the ban in his homily at the ordination of 26 priests and the celebration of 50th anniversary of the Sacred Heart Seminary, Nsude (Junior Seminary) in Enugu.
3. The Presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Atiku Abubakar, yesterday, promised voters in Imo State that if elected as President next year, his administration will prioritize job creation, devolution of power to states and ensure that businesses thrive.
4. Sporadic shooting was Saturday evening, reported around the Isiama Afaraukwu Umuahia county home of the Leader of the Indigenous People of Biafran, IPOB, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu.
Kanu’s younger brother, Prince Emmanuel who raised the alarm claimed that a detachment of police personnel stormed the entrance gate to his father’s palace and started shooting.
5. Poland’s Szymon Marciniak will referee the 2022 FIFA World Cup final match between Argentina and France on Sunday in Doha. The 41-year-old, who made his FIFA World Cup debut four years ago, will be joined by assistants Pawel Sokolnicki and Tomasz Listkiewicz.
6. Gunmen on Saturday set ablaze the building housing Imo State High Court in Orlu, reportedly burning part of the structure housing sensitive documents. The development is coming a few days after some gunmen attacked the headquarters of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) in Owerri, which the police alleged was carried out by the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB).
7. The Nigerian Air Force Special Forces under the 271 Detachment in Birnin Gwari, Kaduna have rescued seven Chinese expatriates kidnapped by terrorists in Niger State. The Director of Public Relations and Information, Nigerian Air Force, Air Commodore Edward Gabkwet, said in a statement on Saturday that they were rescued after a search-and-rescue operation by the personnel.
8. The Indigenous People of Biafra have accused the Federal Government of “systematically” killing its leader, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu. The pro-Biafran group, in a statement by its spokesperson, Emma Powerful said it was high time the whole world spoke against the atrocity going on in the DSS Abuja dungeon against the leader of the IPOB.
9. Suspected killer herdsmen have written to residents of some communities in Ogun State, threatening to invade their homes in a reprisal attack. The unknown herdsmen in the notice letter of attack threw fear into the minds of the residents of Asa, Agbon, Ibeku and Oja-Odan communities in the Yewa-North Local Government Area of Ogun State. The latter was reportedly written on Saturday.
10. Over 20 persons are feared dead following an outbreak of cholera disease in Ekureku community of Abi Local Government Area, Cross River State. Ekureku, made up of 12 villages, shares a boundary with some parts of Ebonyi State and is an agrarian community. Investigations revealed that the community has been faced with the challenges of portable drinking water.
That’s today’s summary of Newspaper headlines from Naija News media. Read more Nigeria news, African news, and world news on CityNews Nigeria. See you again tomorrow.
Curated from: https://citynewsng.com/2022/12/18/top-newspaper-headlines-today-sunday-18th-december-2022/
TAGS: #Top #Newspaper #Headlines #Today #Sunday #18th #December