The Samsung Galaxy F22 falls in place as one of Samsung’s provisions in the mid-range smartphone category. The offering on the Galaxy F22 shows some similarities with that of the Samsung Galaxy F12, as we have some similar hardware features wrapped in a similar chassis. More on that later in the article.
Samsung Galaxy F22 Key Specs & Features
- 6.4-inch, Super AMOLED Plus Touchscreen, 720 x 160 Pixels (274 PPI), 90Hz Refresh Rate
- Android 11, One UI Core 3.1
- 4GB / 6GB RAM
- Octa-core Mediatek Helio G80 (12 nm)
- 64GB / 128GB Built-in Storage, Supports SD-Card
- 64MP + 8MP + 2MP +2MP Quad Rear Cameras
- 13MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Sensor (Side-Mounted)
- 15W Charging
- Non-Removable 6000mAh Li-Po Battery
Onboard, the design department of the Samsung Galaxy F22 is a system that seems to have been built from the Galaxy F12. Leaving us with similarities as mentioned in the introductory paragraph.
Taking off with the design on the rear, we have subtle line strips, as opposed to the more conspicuous lines we have on the F12. Samsung retained the square camera module, but made the individual camera circles smaller, as opposed to the jampacked ones on the F12.
Also on the rear, is an LED flash and the Samsung branding, which pretty much indicates it’s a Samsung smartphone. There is no rear-mounted fingerprint sensor here as the fingerprint sensor rests on the side which was the same implementation on the F12.
Moving up, we have a 6.4 inch Super AMOLED display with a drop notch, as opposed to 6.5-inches on the F12. We also happen to have a slightly higher density at 274 PPI as opposed to 270 PPI.
The other highlights of this display include a resolution of 720 x 1600 Pixels and a 90Hz refresh rate.
Enthusiasts who desire to purchase this smartphone will have two colour options which include Denim Black and Denim Blue.
On the camera side, we have a quad setup on the rear and a single setup upfront. With some similar camera sensors from the Galaxy F12.
The rear camera setup comprises a 48MP primary camera with an aperture of f/1.8, a 2MP Macro camera with an aperture of f/2.4, a 2MP depth camera with an aperture of f/2.4, and an 8MP ultrawide camera as opposed to the 5MP ultrawide camera on the F12. This ultrawide camera has a 123˚ field of view and an aperture of f/2.2.
Moving upfront, we have a single 13MP camera with an aperture of f/2.2, as opposed to the single 8MP camera on the Galaxy F12.
Hardware and Software
On the performance side of the Samsung Galaxy F22, we have an Octa-core MediaTek Helio G80 process with a 12nm process, as opposed to the Exynos 850 with an 8nm process on the F12. We also have the Mali-G52 MC2 GPU as opposed to the Mali-G52 GPU.
The other performance facilitators are pretty much the same as seen on the F12, in exclusion of the 6GB RAM and 128GB storage variant on the Galaxy F22. We also have the 4GB / 64GB variant, a non-removable 6000mAh battery, and a 15W charging capacity.
On the software side, we have the One UI Core 3.1 user interface running on the Android 11 operating system.
The Samsung Galaxy F12 features a 3.5mm headphone jack, a USB Type-C port with OTG support, Bluetooth 5.0, WiFi / Hotspot, and NFC.
Internet connectivity on here is capped at 4G, which means enthusiasts won’t have access to 5G connectivity.
Samsung Galaxy F22 Price and Availability
The price of the Samsung Galaxy F22 starts at around $202, which translates to about 82,820 Naira in Nigeria, 1,196 GHS in Ghana, and about 21,770 KSH in Kenya.
The Samsung Galaxy F22 was announced on July 6th, 2021, and is expected to be available for purchase from July 13th, 2021.
Samsung Galaxy F22 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Samsung Galaxy F22:
- Platform: Android 11, One UI Core 3.1
- Processor: Octa-core MediaTek Helio G80 (12 nm)
- GPU: Mali-G52 MC2
- Memory: 4GB / 6GB
- Colours: Denim Black, Denim Blue
- Dimension: 160 x 74 x 9.4 mm
- Weight: 203 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.4-inches Super AMOLED 720 x 1600 Pixels, ~274 PPI, ~83.5% screen-to-body ratio, 90Hz Refresh Rate
- Screen Protection: –
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 48MP (Primary) f/1.8 + 8MP (Ultrawide) 123˚ FOV + 2MP (Depth) f/2.4 + 2MP (Macro) f/2.4
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Front Camera: 13MP Camera, f/2.2, 1080p @ 30fps
- Built-in Storage: 64GB / 128GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes (microSDXC)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: –
- HSPA+: –
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: –
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: –
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Side-Mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: Yes
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-Removable 6000mAh Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: –
NaijaTechGuide may receive financial compensation for products/services purchased through affiliate links on this site. See full Affiliate Disclosure Here
Source: Nigeria Technology GuidePost views in 5 minutes: 0 views